I'm a Princess!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Four months! WTF!

How is it that four months have gone by since I last posted here?!

I know that I have lost many readers, by my lack of writing and my dropping out of the runner's field - and for that I am sorry.

I have tried to get into cycling, and I have enjoyed my efforts. The Fiancé and I have done a few rides together.
Our last ride - the 40 mile Donut Ride
(donuts at every water station - yum and ick!)

Mostly the last four months has been an incredible work load and doing a little traveling for my job - conferences and trips to the field, as well as some travels for family and friends.

Some of our trips:
My grandmother's 90th birthday! 
 The small town my mother was born in.

New York City for a friend's wedding and a mini-vacation:
The Statue of Liberty on its 125 anniversary - we climbed to the crown!
Snow! and Gray's Papaya Dogs
My friend's Halloween wedding and our costumes
Top of the Rock and Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark (amazeballs!!!)
Central Park 
 The 9/11 Memorial, Van Gogh's Starry Night, and Love

I have also been trying to pull together the wedding of the century - ours! A bilingual, Catholic full Mass with an additional minister - The Fiancé's uncle!

It has been all quite stressful on top of an already busy life - but so worth it!  And house shopping on top of everything else is just more time and stress - but it's like shopping for the closest of your dreams - so much fun!

However, my brooch bouquet is done. The perfect shoes have arrived - I'd show pictures of both - BUT - I am trying to keep it all a secret for 4 more months!

I can't believe that I will be married in 4 months - holy smokes!

And on top of that I have been dealing with some health issues - nothing major - just feeling exhausted, drained, and ill all around.  I think my doctor has fixed my thyroid medication, so some of that should be going away. But only sleeping 4 hours a night is rough!

I was able to get some Christmas decorations up at the house - but my favorite - the Shrinky Dink Christmas tree!!!

Before and After 


So - to whatever blog buddies I have left - my apologies for leaving you for so long!

I'll try to be better!


Go team go - Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. This is quite the triumphant return! Look at all those travels and plans and that tree!!

    SOooooo jealous of you going to the statue of liberty. I have wanted to do that since birth pretty much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks FF!

    It has been amazing spending time with my Grandmother on her 90th birthday, heading to the very top of the Statue of Liberty - but it has been rough playing catch up at work!

    Plus the wedding planning has been insane - I have decided to take all of December off from it though!

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete